Thursday, November 5, 2009

Fani cooks?



I can't believe that I will just say it after all these years! Guard off, it's finally time for me to strat cooking and, what is more, to start cooking for someone else. My strategy so far is to focus on the 'delightful for the eyes' approach instead of 'delightful for the taste', let's be realistic. I luv my new favourite recipe for Raspberry Dacquoise cake and I think it's a great idea for Christmas. Bon appetit!

I suggest that the lucky ones who get the chance to experience my cooking mastreship save the memories forever. I know myself very well and am pretty sure that the cooking passion won't last for long.

Raspberry Dacquoise

For the Dacquoise:
- 50 grams (1/2 cup) ground hazelnuts (see note 1)
- 50 grams (1/2 cup) ground almonds, a.k.a. almond meal
- 100 grams (3/4 cup) confectioner's sugar
- 4 egg whites (120 grams or 4 1/2 ounces total)
- 1 pinch salt
- 30 grams (2 1/2 tablespoons) sugar (I use blond raw sugar)

For the filling :
- 400 ml (1 2/3 cup) fromage blanc, or Greek-style yogurt, or quark
- 25 grams (2 tablespoons) sugar (I use blond raw sugar)
- 1 teaspoon natural vanilla extract
- 4 sheets gelatin (7.5 grams or 1/4 ounce total, see note 2)
- 200 ml (3/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon) whipping cream
- 300 grams (2 1/3 cups) raspberries (if frozen, don't thaw them)

For finish :
- Confectioner's sugar
- A stencil shape drawn on and cut out from light cardboard (a star, a snowflake, a flower, a heart, a Christmas tree, you get the idea)

Serves 10 to 12.

Source and many other inspirational recipes

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails